Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The begining, middle and the end.

The canning season begins!!! I have done quite a bit of canning in my short 4 years of marriage but have not yet attempted much by myself or apricot jam. Last night I tried it, I have to say not to shabby. I didn't even like apricots when I was younger but this stuff was good. I don't know what I was thinking trying to do it on a week night for one and then by myself. I think I was crazy but James likes it. The things we do. Well here goes I started at 7:30 pm after getting home from work and eating dinner, before that I had to stop at 2 stores to get the stuff I didn't have. Then came the pitting, washing, sorting, chopping and finally a batch at a time in one stock pot I started my first batch officially by 10:15pm. I didn't stop until 1:45 am but ended with 23 pints and little jar of jam. I'm crazy I know but there is something about canning and starting with one product and ending with something that will last a while and a different form. Somewhat rewarding.
The beginning


The middle

The end






1 comments:

Nathan and Heidi said...

Yummy! I can't wait to try it! It looks like it took a lot of work!