Wednesday, July 23, 2008

SPARE KEYS!!!!


Okay so spare keys are a must!!!!(I will try to make this short but its just to funny) I have had a few experiences recently that sent me into a frenzy. My dear sweet brother and sister have been visiting me a little bit this summer while James has been gone. (it has been great but that is for another post) Well one day actually the first day they were here and I had just gotten back from Texas. The extra key to the house was given to a person who was watching our house while I was gone, was stolen or lost we don't know which. I was going to make extras that night after work to hide one and have a few extras. So I only had one key and I had it on my key chain with my car and work keys. Well my brother and sister brought me to work that day so my brother had my keys. I get this phone call around 11:30 am that they locked themselves out. The keys were in the house and cell phones too. They walked around the neighbor hood to find someone to let them borrow a phone to try and get ahold of me or my mom to help them but she was in a meeting. I didn't have a vehicle to get home quick but the doctor I work for let me borrow his truck to at least go get the kids so they weren't in the heat. Well I get out there and we couldn't break in with out actually breaking something. So we sat and thought for awhile what to do and just by some weird luck I decided to check with our builder to see if they had any spares...........They did we got so lucky we just had to wait an hour for the guy to bring them to me.

Another story is my friend and I were together just yesterday and she got locked out of her Yukon and with two hungry and tired kids. YIKES!!!! She only had one set too so that made it that much more fun. We asked for some help from a lot of people but no one would help so we took my car went to my house to find a wire hanger (which I hate using) so we barely found one by the skin of our teeth. When we got back to her car to work on it, some guys walked by and informed us that we were not doing it right so they helped us and finally two hours later we were in. YEA!!!!! Needless to say it was not a very pleasant experience one to laugh at but not so much fun.

Always have SPARE KEYS!!!!

3 comments:

Nathan and Heidi said...

I know from experience that spare keys are a must too! HA HA!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha, that is so funny. I didn't hear you talk about this at work. That can be one of the most frustrating things.

Doug and Jami said...

Doug is ALWAYS locking his keys in the car. That is why we made a spare and he keeps it in his wallet. I had Olivia and Aiden locked in the van once during the summer two years ago. I hadn't strapped Liv in yet but she was in the car, I had shut the door to quickly go around to the other side, my keys and purse in the car, and get her but she got to the front seat and locked the doors. She could push the lock button but not the unlock. We called AAA, our insurance, but after lots of prayers and coaxing, she finally pushed the right button. and the the lock guy shows up. Aiden was dripping with sweat from it being so hot and he had been screaming the whole time. That was not fun.