Thursday, September 30, 2010

Welcome

I started having braxton hicks and contractions the week before and they continued to increase Friday, Saturday, and Sunday before my doctors appointment on Monday. So we called my mom to have her come because it would work for her schedule with work and I wanted her here. We all felt that she needed to be here. Then on Sunday we got a little surprise from my brother he came up so he could be here if she happened to come. With little sleep and lots of walking all weekend we were all exhausted so when we went to my doctors appointment on Monday my doctor looked at me and asked what I was thinking I said I want you to tell me we can have this baby today. Little did I know that he was ok with that plan. When the words came out of his mouth that we could both James and I looked at each other with complete surprise awe and maybe we were a little scared/nervous. My mom had to help put it into perspective for us and realize that yes we were going to welcome our little bundle of joy. After nine long months of waiting I still wasn't sure I was ready but yet she couldn't stay inside forever. My doctor quickly made arrangements for me to go to the hospital to begin what could be a very long wait and night. We made arrangements to make sure everything was taken care of James' job, Chey, Grandpa, a few errands and eating of coarse. While we were out people would ask how far along I was and so forth when they found out I was headed to the hospital to have a baby that day they were shocked I was out.

When we arrived at the hospital it finally sunk in that we were well on our way to greeting our precious baby girl. I was scared but still ready for her to meet us and become a member of our family officially. I was given a gown, monitor placed on my tummy to hear her wonderful heart beat (the one sound you can never get sick of) then a pill was given to me to help things along. Little did I know that would be all I needed besides my water being broke (no pit yeah). I was moved to my room where our little girl would be welcomed into this world in a matter of hours. The doctor broke my water at 7:45pm and I was well on my way, epidural at 11:30 then some peaceful sleep (if you can call it that in a hospital better then before the epidural for all those involved) I was given oxygen at 3 am which scared me but I was quickly reassured that it was pretty routine (not to me) then pressure to push started to come around 4:30 5 am. My doctor came at 6 said we would start pushing in 10-15 min. The reality was starting to sink in for me, James and my mom that she would be here soon. I started pushing at 6:15 with a few things to help her along the way because her heart rate was dropping she was laid upon my now squishy belly to greet, hold, see, love and care for as much as I could in a few precious moments before they took her to her bed (still in my room thank heavens) to evaluate and clean up. James was able to cut the cord and be with our new daughter until he was able to bring her back to me. I will never forget the feeling I had when she was placed in my arms the look on James face, our connection that increased 100 fold, the look on my mom's face and the love that filled that room. They played music to announce she was her and the journey begins to heal and care for her in a way I never thought possible. We are truly blessed and grateful for all the help, love and support we have had the last week or so. We can't begin to express the love we have for all those that have been there. Thank you mom for all you did and the long night of labor you helped me with. I can't begin to express to you the love that I have for you. I can't believe the connection you have so instantly with someone so quickly it is amazing.


Hartleigh Michelle Ward was welcomed with warm loving arms on


September 21, 2010

7:06 am

7 lbs 11 oz
21 inches long




(warning lots of pictures)



Trying to pass the time and keep my mind off of contractions



Right before I started pushing

One of her first photo ops




















1 comments:

Harward Family said...

I love the pictures!! The one with your Grandma, Mom, you and little miss Hartleigh is wonderful! Four generations getting to enjoy each other!!! You make a wonderful mother to Hartleigh! She is a very lucky girl!