My sister spent the summer with us this year and it has been an amazing experience with some struggles but still amazing. She has been a BIG help working around the house, keeping me company and helping James with things that I can't due to my "condition". We have had alot of fun, we took her to the drive in for the first time and the fair which has been fun. The biggest thing that happened or changed for her this year was her baptism. Around April I signed up to feed the missionaries for the first time in oh 5 years (being in the RS presidency I felt like I needed to do more and do my part) Well that put into place a friendship and connection that allowed Cheyanna to learn more about the gospel and her desire was and still is great to learn. We started with just a dinner to introduce the idea of the missionaries to her and that is where it all began. She then had a tremendous desire to learn more and take in everything she could. Then the question about baptism came up (made me nervous) but she answered with a yes so quick I had to ask what she said twice. It has been so fun to watch her grow, learn and ask more and more questions. It has brought a spirit into our home that we were not expecting but we are so glad it has. She has been an amazing example to us and taught us so much. Her baptism date was set for the same weekend as our family reunion (I was worried it wouldn't work out) and after alot of planning, a few snags and lots of praying for everything to go well she was dunked. She had a lot of support from family, friends, missionaries and the ward which was amazing. We had so many people there we had to start in the chapel and then it was standing room only in the font room. It was such an amazing experience for us to watch and be a part of and I think it showed Cheyanna that she was making the right decision. My mom and brother were there which made it even more special for both her and myself. It was so crazy though I didn't even get a picture so I'm waiting for one to be emailed from Elder Foreman, so crazy infact the font was not full when we got there nor had the water even been started. So with a few changes in the program and Cheyanna standing there in her white jump suit pouring water in with pitchers, missionaries running around like crazy to make it work and warm for her we were still able to get it done. James baptised her and Elder Foreman confirmed her the next day (there were some snags with this too but it worked out). It has now forever changed her way of thinking, actions and routine. After her baptism we started contemplating her living with us for the school year. After lots of prayer, fasting and discussions it was decided she would stay. Since then it has been a crazy month trying to get her ready for school, a room officially set up for her, getting use to a teenager in the house but we love it. It has taught us alot and is preparing us for alot in the future I'm sure of it. We are very excited to continue to watch her grow and learn while she is here. We love her very much. 
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
What an awesome experience!!!! Thanks for sharing it!
Post a Comment