Happy Valentines Everyone!!
Well I don't have any pictures to post because James took down my decorations before I could get one. But let me tell you a little about our Valentines day/dinner. James and I don't ever seem to have very good luck with Valentines, since the beginning. We don't ever get to go any where really or do any thing or at least not the way we plan it ,however, I still try every year. So this year I decided to try my hand at Venezuelan cooking. Now I know James was just being nice because he knows how hard I tried but I know it doesn't compare to the cooking down there but he said it was "fantastic". I just had never attempted to make anything like that and I know he misses some of the foods down there so I tried. It turned out OK I guess, I made empenadas, plantains, ceviche salad (the rich ate this), and a Venezuelan walnut drop cookie (maybe I can post a picture of these I still have a few). I cooked for a hour and half trying to make it nice with candles, decorations and a mood but in about 15 minutes we were done eating and that was that. Now I know James is not a romantic guy but I thought he would have at least brought home 1 flower because he was at his brothers all day (so I was at home by myself with the dogs all day with no vehicle to go anywhere). No flowers, no card, no candy (which is good I can't have any) no special date, no surprises, nothing. I thought at least 1 measly flower would have been nice. I guess there is always next year.
(p.s. I can't complain to much he did take really good care of me the next few days when my back started to give me problems. Thanks babe I love you!)




1 comments:
Wow Michelle! I am very impressed you cooked a Venezuelan meal. I would never even try to attempt a Brazilian meal, let alone an American one! Ha Ha! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment