Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Birthday To ME!

Ok I have to blog about my birthday because James does not blog so here it goes. I had a good day that started out a little rocky but what birthday doesn't. When you get older birthdays become just another day at least that is what my mom use to say but now I believe her. I turned 26 which was a little scary for me because I am only 4 years from 30. Now I know 30 isn’t old but it just means you are not in your 20's any more. Its hard to age gracefully I think but it still happens no matter how you do it. Just enjoy what you can when you can. I do have to say I was quite surprised to learn how many people remembered my birthday. I had friend’s text, email and call that I don't even talk to on a regular basis remember. When you think it’s just another day but other people really make it a great day. I have to say thank you to everybody who took the time out of their day to wish me a happy birthday. I have to give a big thank you to my husband for taking me out to dinner so I didn't have to cook and I was able to come home and have a nice relaxing bath. He really tries to make me feel special. Also my mom, sister and bro, they are the ones who always make me laugh and enjoy life just a little bit more even if they can't sing on tune. (I really really really like your songs they made my day) And the final person I have to say thank you to is my sweet grandma (as I am writing this I am getting teary eyed) who has always helped take care of me and become one of my closest friends. She works so hard but on my day she took time after a long day at work to bring me some beautiful flowers and they could not have come a more perfect time. I was having a rough day at work and a long one at that but those flowers just changed my whole attitude. She forgot the card but still drove up to Idaho Falls on her day off today to bring it to me. She is one of a kind lady that I will cherish forever. I love you grandma Thanks again for making my day just a little brighter. Thanks every one for making it my special day. Another year and one closer to 30!

My flowers from my grandma!

2 comments:

The Balls said...

HBD! I am a jerk who forgot! Those flowers from Gma are beautiful and she really is a one of a kind lady! Your fam always makes me smile too! Your mom is AMAZING at remembering bdays. Here's to 26! Love ya!

Melanie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! We miss you Michelle!