Yesterday was a beautiful day for a baptism. The weather man said we would have snow and it would be cloudy but it was sunny, blue skies and no snow. Our nephew Quinn was baptised to become a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Later Day Saints. In the beginning of his dad's talk he explained some of his feelings and things he remembered from his baptism some 34 years ago. It made me think of what my day was like; I remember what I was wearing and the talk I had with the bishop and my grandpa before it was time to be dunked. I had the missionary discussions for about a month before just so I could completely understand to the best of my ability at that age the purpose and reasons for being baptised. I still think about that day often and the feelings I had of excitement and how right it felt. Although I had some rough patches through my life but that day still remains with me and my purpose here on earth. During my brother in law's talk he said he sat down with his son to ask why he wanted to be baptised. Quinn responded so I can live with my Heavenly Father and Jesus again. It was such a sweet answer and part of the basis for our purpose here on earth. Congratulations Quinn and thank you for being such a good example to those around you. May you always remember your day and what you felt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment