Friday, September 11, 2009

Labor Day

I wasn't sure what to post first from the last week so Labor day is first. There wasn't much labor around our house this weekend, James was able to take the weekend off it was really nice to have him around. (OK James did clean the garage, so he labored a little) First to start the weekend I about peed my pants, seriously thought I felt a few drops, I was so scared. Friday night at 11 pm as we were settling in, well James was already in slumber land and I was soon to join him when the door bell rang. Little did I know that when the door bell rang what was waiting on the other side. I scrambled to get James awake who slowly stumbled up stairs because I was in no condition to answer the door. Seriously who rings someones door bell at 11 at night. James barely able to function not even realizing he is answering the door, I am crouched down behind the wall and the door opens, I sink even more when James doesn't say anything but open the door and slowly step to the side. I thought for sure someone was standing there with a gun or a cop. But oh no, no gun no cop but my sister and mom step in. I started to cry (it was late people) and just fell into my mom's arms. There is just something about a mom and their hugs that make everything you are thinking and stressed about go away. Karl, Ellen and their family came over from Boise to visit as well so it was double the fun.

We had fun with our new surprise guests, we played games, ate food, enjoyed one an others company, harvested things out of the garden, played with the turtle, and laughed continuously. Thanks for visiting!


Playing cards


harvest time

(both girls took some coaxing to pick the cucumbers because they were "poky")


Caycee with Shelby

Cheyanna with Shelby


Grandpa is always happy to have a hug and the grand kids around

2 comments:

The Balls said...

Looks fun! I wish I could have stopped in for a visit!

Nathan and Heidi said...

Oh your story just gave me the chills, wishing someone would come visit me. I am glad you had fun!